LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am looking for some information on ELAN protocol for Siemens analyzers and also some information on AK protocol for California Analytical Analyzers. Mainly I need a starting point to communicate with these devices for labview.

Drop me a private message with your email address so I can send you a reply.  Also, I couldn't seem to send you a PM just now, so you may not have that enabled on your forum account.

If you choose to post your email address on this thread, you may want to obfuscate it so it can't be scraped off by web crawling spammers.

Best regards,

Dave

David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
(lapsed) Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 261 of 268
(669 Views)

Hey @valpoingenieur Since you seem to be in "new member jail", I can't PM you.  I did, however, add you to my "friends", which (in theory) should allow you access to my email address in my profile.  (Also, I PM'd the admin account and asked them to have a look at "freeing" you.)  If you can see my email. send me something so I can reply with a zip archive.

Dave

David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
0 Kudos
Message 262 of 268
(642 Views)

Hi David! 

I am also very interested in taking a look at your code and documentation for interfacing with Siemen's ELAN devices. 

Looks like I'm not able to private message you either. Any other way to contact you? 

Also hoping to get a hold of Kirk as well and get the Noxmat code. 

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Message 263 of 268
(394 Views)

betancjj,

I think there's a short hold on PM permissions if you've just joined the forums.  As soon as I have your email address, I can send you a zip archive.

Dave

David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
0 Kudos
Message 264 of 268
(382 Views)

David,

Sounds good! Here's my email:

betancjjATmailDOTucDOTedu 

Thank you so much! 

Jorge

0 Kudos
Message 265 of 268
(375 Views)

Hi everyone!

Having a bit of an issue with an Ultramat 6. I'm able to request CO data from the channel set for that, but for some reason requesting data from the CO2 channel returns no data. Anybody have experience with this?

I set it to Broadcast and am able to retrieve all of the data in 2 separate messages that it sends, but I'd rather request it manually if possible.

Thanks everyone!

0 Kudos
Message 266 of 268
(340 Views)

Good morning David, Nice to meet you. I noticed from this thread I found online that you have experience with Siemens process gas analyzers (Oxymat, Ultramat, and others). Here's the link to the thread: Link I need to convert the RS485 signal output from the analyzer and interpret it to enable an IoT acquisition platform. The hardware I have available is a proprietary hardware from my company (based on Linux) that has integrated RS485 serial interfaces. How can I read the concentration values coming from the analyzers? Thank you in advance. Kindly Regards

0 Kudos
Message 267 of 268
(72 Views)

Lorenzo,

It wasn't clear to me in your post whether your IoT host device runs (or can run) a LabVIEW application.  (Also, you referenced a link but I didn't find one.)  If it's some other application development platform, the best I can suggest would be to get the Siemens ELAN protocol document and start coding an application to perform the serial communication as described.

If you ARE using LabVIEW, I can send you the archive of the Siemens ELAN project library I developed.  It contains the functionality you need implemented as LV VIs and type definitions.

If you are working a different software environment and have no luck finding the protocol document, you can still PM me your email address and I can send you the PDF I have.

EDIT: another person on this thread previously provided a copy of the ELAN interface PDF, 2008 edition (it doesn't change much, this is fine):

https://forums.ni.com/ni/attachments/ni/170/1203598/1/D%20_ELAN_Description_11_08_en.pdf

Best regards,

Dave

David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
0 Kudos
Message 268 of 268
(56 Views)