LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am using 7833R as a target device (PCI card on the desktop), can I write LV on the laptop then transfer to the actual hardware?

Hello

I am using the 7833R RIO PCI card on a desktop computer. I don't want ot load the whole LV software on the desktop, the reason is the desktop I have doesn't have the capacity and hard to carry it around. So I would like to write the LV progroam on my laptop and build it as an .EXE program then load to the desktop. can someone walk me through step by step?

Thank you,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,652 Views)

Use the Build Specs in your project to create an executable and an installer.  You will just have to have a fully built bit file for the FPGA.  I'm not sure if the bit file will be included as part of the exe build.  If not, make sure it is put in the installer.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 4
(2,640 Views)

It should be possible to do just as Crossrulz mentioned.

Note that you will have to have the appropriate LabVIEW RTE and R-series driver (NI-RIO), as well as any other necessary NI software that you use in your application, installed on the target desktop.

[Edit: You can probably include them in the installer]

Message 3 of 4
(2,637 Views)

You should be fine if you reference the bitfile when opening the FPGA reference. That should prompt LabVIEW to include the bitfile with the executable.

You can also use the RIO Device Setup program to load the bitfile into the flash of the FPGA. This program is included as part of RIO drivers. See page 1-6 of the manual for how to use it:

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/370489d.pdf 

Daniel C.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,576 Views)