LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have arduino duemilanove and Ethernet shield .how can I set up 2 way communication between labview and arduino through Ethernet shield through Ethernet cable.

I have arduino duemilanove and Ethernet shield .how can I set up 2 way communication between labview and arduino through Ethernet shield through Ethernet cable.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,012 Views)

I dont have idea of the board u have mentioned but i think you can configure the instrument to your ehternet family with ip address and can easily send read and write commands through Visa palletes...Smiley Indifferent Am sorry if am wrong.. I have just answered this as a first thought...

LV 8.0, 8.6, 2011,2012,2013 WinXP
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,005 Views)

Check out the Arduino toolkit.  Although not specifically targetted to your board, I think it will work.  At the least, it will show you how to use VISA to set up communications.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,999 Views)

I already gone through visa but I can't find that way to made it two way communications also I just want to do it with Ethernet cable.From serial cable I can somehow do it The question is how to do it with Ethernet cable.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,995 Views)

I already gone through visa but I can't find that way to made it two way communications also I just want to do it with Ethernet cable.From serial cable I can somehow do it The question is how to do it with Ethernet cable.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,994 Views)

My apologies.  I somehow missed the ethernet part.

Disclaimer: I have not done this.

You will need to use the network protocols to communicate with the device.  LabVIEW supports TCP and UDP, so pick the one your device supports.

You may also need a crossover ethernet cable, if you are connecting directly from the shield to the computer.  Some computers have ports which autoconfigure, but some do not.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,979 Views)