cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQ Find Edge 2 was not found

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey y'all,

I recently installed the NI Vision Development Module, and while playing around with it, noticed that a friends code wouldn't run.  After checking the errors, I found that I didn't have IMAQ Find Edge 2, only IMAQ Find Edge.  I've tried repairing the NI Vision Development Module, to no avail.  Is there something I'm missing?  I'm currently using LabVIEW 2018.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(560 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Bob_Schor

I'm not sure, but I suspect, at some point, NI substituted a different algorithm, possibly with different behavior and possibly different connections.  Curiously, when I did a Web search for Find Edge vs Find Edge 2, I found a recent NI description of the Vision routines that listed both Find Edge and Find Edge 2.  I've seen "Version 2" code pop up in the Vision routines, where it signified a change in implementation and "features".

Can you check which version of LabVIEW your friend is running?  It is probably not LabVIEW 2018 ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(536 Views)

I figured it out, and you were partially correct.  After talking with him, I realized that, while he was using LabVIEW 2018, he was using Vision 2019.  I installed that, and after restarting I have it now.  Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(513 Views)