LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQ PCI-1424 compatibility with Labview 8.6

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, the computer I used for image analysis work had a broken motherboard problem, and I replaced it with a new one. I removed both the harddisks and the IMAQ board from the old computer to the new one and then installed Labview 8.6, but Labview 8.6 is not compatible with the image processing software programmed using labview 5.0, so I uninstalled Labview 8.6 and re-installed Labview 6.0. I still have some problems to run the image analyzer and processing software. After I uninstalled labview software, the computer cannot start successfully, poping up error information as "Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer".

Some basic information about that computer and the image acquisition system (set up in 2000) is as follows:

• Windows 2000 operating system;
  • Labview Base Package 5.0;
  • advanced IMAQ vision for Labview;
  • IMAQ PCI-1408, IMAQ-BNC-1 cable, and Ni-IMAQ for Windows NT/95;
  • IMAQ-A2504-1 (1m);
  • Sony XC-55 1/3" Interline transfer progressive scan CCD, 659 (H) X 494 (V), C-mount with JB-77, CCXC-12P-02 and DKT503M;
  • Computar H1212FI 1/2" C-mount 12mm w/focus and iris (10 inch FOV at 24 Working Dist.);
  • Computar VM100 extension tube kit;
  • Graftek High Frequency Fluorescent Light 11";

Is the IMAQ hardware I am using compatible with Labview 6.0 or 8.6? Should I install also drivers for IMAQ hardware when I remove IMAQ board? Any solutions for my problems? Thanks very much in advance!!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,690 Views)
Solution
Accepted by simpra

Hi simpra,

Here are two links to articles that list compatability between Windows & LabVIEW and LabVIEW & IMAQ.   Why do you say that the image processign software was not compatable with LV 8.6?  Did a message appear?  Or did it just not work?  Also, are you talking about Vision Development Module, by chance?  

I'm afraid I can't help with hard drive corruption if that's the case here.  Were you able to get past that?

My suggestion is to upgrade to the most recent version possible.

I hope this helps!

Kristen H.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,670 Views)

Hi Kristen,

Thanks a lot for your reply. As I those image processing softwares cannot be started successfully using Labview 8.6, so I intuitively guess that Labview 8.6 may not be compatible with those softwares. Acutally, would it be a good idea that I send you one of those softwares as an example so that you can run them and diagnose the problems? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,659 Views)

Hi simpra,

According to this Developer Zone: How to Upgrade or Revert a VI to a Different Version of LabVIEW, a program written in LV 5.0 will need an intermediate version of LV in order to upgrade it to LV 8.6.  If you both version of LV try opening the program in LV 5.0 and a blank VI in LV 8.6 and copying the block diagram to the blank block diagram. I've haven't tried this with that old of a version of LV but its worth a try.  

Can you explain what you mean by "cannot be started successfully"? Are there errors or messages that appear?

Kristen H.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,646 Views)