LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQ windraw on 2nd monitor

I am trying to control a 2D spatial light modulator (SLM, Holoeye 1080P) in LabVIEW 2009 via the DVI port on my graphics card. The instrument is addressed as the screen space corresponding to a Windows extended desktop.

I have had no problem positioning a vi front panel in the extended desktop and displaying 8 bit gray level patterns in a picture, however the refresh rate is poor and prone to image tearing.

I'd like to use the NI Vision vi's to improve the performance but I am running into some performance issues with these vi's. If I use a front panel image display control I have the same flexibility in positioning the gray level image but the tearing issue remains; I'd like these to images to run be displayed at or near half of the 60Hz refresh rate of the SLM, but they must be stable images.

I've attempted to use the IMAQ external display function IMAQ WindDraw.vi which supports vertical syncing with the monitor refresh (nontearing); the problem here is that although the external window can be positioned anywhere in the available display space, including the 2nd monitor, no image will be drawn outside of the primary monitor's area. Is there a known work around for this? This forum thread appears to mention a similar issue but the exact failure of WindDraw.vi is not explained.

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks,

Thom Drane 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,126 Views)
I will try to run some test on my machine and see if I can come up with a work around.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,102 Views)

try setting the 2nd monitor as the primary monitor. This may solve your problem.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,873 Views)

Hello,

I have a similar request. I want to have a IMAQ Windraw displayed full screen on a second monitor. How do move the created window on the second monitor and make the image occupy the entire screen (no border, no title,...)?

Thanks.

Pierre

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,793 Views)

Hi Pierre,

i know that it is an old post but i wouild like to know if you have found a solution because i have also 2 screens and I would like to put the winddraw image in the second screen but when i am using the window number, i do  not know why but it is does not work.

Please let me know

regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,241 Views)

Try disabling the image tearing, that worked for me.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,192 Views)

another late reply to this thread but I think this might be useful:

Use "IMAQ WindMove" and set the x coordinate to the resolution of your primary screen, y coordinate to 0.

This will move the window drawn by "IMAQ WinDraw" to the secondary screen.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,029 Views)