LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQdx missing and not detecting camera

I've recently installed NI Vision module - August f1 2014 edition but it seems to have only installed the IMAQ vis not the IMAQdx vis. I've attached a screenshot of the module and the setup page (it isn't the same as on the help file on the NI website)

On my desktop PC I had similar issues but could detect the camera in MAX (I can't remember the steps I took to get it working but I remember spending hours with it)

On my laptop I can't detect the camera as well as not having the IMAQdx vis.

Any help would be very appreciated!

Pete
Systems engineer (CLAD LV2013)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(5,662 Views)

I'm in a similar boat at the moment, and I think what you and I are missing is the Vision Acquisition Software (VAS)

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/A451D3CCBB740716862578FC004DB392

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-vision-acquisition-software-february-2014/4584/en/

At the moment I'm in the process of downloading it so I don't know if this fixes it or not.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(5,655 Views)

Looks like a different name to the one I have so sounds promising, I'll keep you updated!!

Pete
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(5,651 Views)

I've installed it and can now detect cameras in MAX but I still don't have the IMAQdx VIs within the module pallette.

Do I need to add it manually as I installed the Vision development module before the Vision Acquisition software?

How did your installation go?

Pete
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(5,627 Views)

I believe IMAQdx is a Driver, so needs to be added from the Driver disk.  You should get a choice of IMAQ, IMAQdx, and IMAQ I/O.  On my system, I've only installed IMAQdx, and it works fine.

BS

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(5,619 Views)

provided is correct.  At the bottom of the Why is the IMAQ or IMAQdx Function Palette Missing in LabVIEW? article, it refers to 'Vision Acquisition Software (VAS) has been successfully activated on the computer, or that the product evaluation period has not expired' Follow the steps below to make sure it has been correctly activated.

Close all NI software

1. Open the NI Licence Manager in the National Instruments folder.
2. Find the Vision Acquisition Module in the software tree and expand.
3. For any item here that does not have a green icon next to it, right click and select activate.
4. Follow the instructions to activate through an internet connection.
5. Repeat steps 3. and 4. after expanding the Vision Development Module in the software tree.

After everything has succesfully activated re-open LabVIEW and confirm you can see the previously missing VIs.

Kind regards,

DanC12

Message 6 of 14
(5,567 Views)

Now that I got a chance to try this I can say it isn't working for me.

First I installed LabVIEW 2013 SP1.

Then I installed the Vision Development Module 2013 SP1 as a trial.

I then installed the device drivers 2014 February which I thought installed IMAQ and IMAQdx.

At this point IMAQ was on the palette but not IMAQdx.  I thought this was because I didn't install the Vision Acqusition Software that I linked to earlier, so I downloaded it which was labeled August 2014.  Then I installed it.

Still no IMAQdx.

So I re-ran the Vision Development Module, and the Device Drivers, installers.

Still no IMAQdx.

In my License Manager it shows the Vision Acqusition Software August 2014 as activated, and it shows the Vision Develpment Module 2013 SP1 in evaluation under the Vision Development.  On the palette it looks like everything is there except the IMAQdx.  

The Vision Assistant is on the palette, so for fun I dropped it down and configured it for a camera plugged in.  After clicking finish a browse dialog came up asking for the location to the IMAQdx VIs, which are no where to be found.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(5,559 Views)

When in doubt, uninstall, reinstall.  I uninstalled all vision, IMAQ, and IMAQdx, then reinstalled the toolkit and Device Drivers and all is good again.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(5,549 Views)

WoodySLB,  I would check the activation first, then do a reinstall of vision and the drivers.

Regards,

DanC12

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(5,530 Views)

Sorry for not replying sooner,

Turned out I had installed Vision Development Module but not Vision Acquisition module not realising they were seperate entities!

Vision Acquistion enabled me to detect the camera.

Thanks for the help

Pete
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(5,472 Views)