Did you mean: 

Image overlap generating excel report

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to generate excel report.

The evironment of development is as follows:
(1) LabVIEW 2019
(2) Excel 2016

To generate excel report, "append image to report.vi" was used.

when reports with each different image as same template are generated to A, B, and C reports,

final image in C report is overlapped to A and B reports.

Since A, B, and C reports were saved to different file name,

I think that these files is indepenent.

Why this problem is occured?

How can i solve this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(803 Views)

Attaching Problematic VI's will help in better understanding and suggesting relevant guidance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(781 Views)

Please attach:

• (All of) the LabVIEW code you are using.  If you are developing your code using the LabVIEW Project environment, compress the folder that has the Project and its associated VIs and TypeDefs and attach the resulting .ZIP file.
  • Attach images that show the "problem" you are having.
  • Attach the Template file you are using (or any other data files that are relevant).
  • Make sure we know the steps to reproduce your problem.

For most of us, our powers of ESP (Extra-Sensory Perception, a.k.a. "mind-reading") are not very good.  To understand and help you fix your code, we need to actually see it as executable code (a "picture" is not very helpful -- we can't "run" a picture).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(765 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dream4me

Thanks for your kind reply.

And I'm sorry that i couldn't disclose my source code for some reason.

My problem was due to an error of Excel 2016

so

After reinstalling excel 2016, such problem was solved.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(720 Views)

Reinstalling did not work for me are you sure all you did was reinstall excel 2016?          

I am using Labview 2019 and Excel 2013

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(81 Views)

Please do not reply to a two-year-old Post saying "It didn't work for me".  Please start your own New Message, saying what you want to do, describing what you tried to do and what failure you encountered.

If you open the LabVIEW Forum and look at the Search Bar at the beginning, you can type "Revised Excel " (you may need the space after the word "Excel") and you should find a ten-year-old Post of mine that shows a Demo (with explanation) that generates an Excel Report.  It ran in 2014, and I recently (last week) downloaded it and ran it again using LabVIEW 2021 and Office 16.

If you have LabVIEW code that doesn't work, post the LabVIEW  code (the actual VIs, or a compressed version of the Project, so we can actually run it ourselves).  There are some changes that Microsoft has made to Excel that can cause LabVIEW to crash (with error -41???, I forget the number, but I'm pretty sure it's a 5-digit negative number that I think starts with -41xxx).  If you post your code, one of us might be able to walk you through the fix, or you might be able to find it as it has been posted on the Forum several times.

Bpb Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(29 Views)