LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface myRIO-1900 DAQ

Hello NI Team,

I'm considering using myRIO-1900 for a medical application, but I need confirmation.

In my application, I receive analog raw data from the ADC. According to my requirements, I convert this data into voltage and then send the converted data through USB to display it in the Arduino serial terminal. In my Case ( PC -> USB Host and Data Sender Device -> USB Device).

anil1601_0-1714029478244.png

After reviewing the User Guide for myRIO-1900, I noticed it has two USB ports: one for USB device and another for USB host. In my application, should I send the converted data or the raw ADC data to myRIO? Afterwards, myRIO would transmit this data to my PC for LabVIEW processing.

My Device(Send ADC raw data) -> myRIO(USB Host Port) -> myRIO(USB Device Port) -> my PC for LabVIEW.

Should I go with the mentioned approach or should I go with alternative protocols like UART or I2C for my application?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(110 Views)

Hello NI Team any updates for the same? any suggestion or idea about my confusion.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(54 Views)

I'm unclear what you are planning to do, and why you are using a myRIO, a fairly sophisticated piece of hardware, to do a simple A/D conversion.  I also don't understand why a PC running LabVIEW and a DAQ device (or a myRIO) to collect analog data needs an Arduino to do anything.

How many years experience do you have with LabVIEW?  If you are just learning it, and have not written a number of stand-alone LabVIEW routines to acquire, store, analyze, and display data, then you are not ready for tackling the interaction of two computers running different Operating Systems (the PC runs Windows and LabVIEW, while the myRIO runs NI Linux Real-Time OS and the myRIO software Toolkit), which need to communicate with each other through TCP/IP (using the USB cable as the TCP/IP conduit).

Can you write a description of what you want your program to do?  How many data channels are you planning to acquire?  What is the nature of the signal(s) you will be acquiring?  Are they voltages, digital signals (TTL pulses), temperatures (requiring a thermocouple or similar piece of hardware), something else?  What sort of sampling rates are you considering?  What do you plan to do with the data you are acquiring?  

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(40 Views)