LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imaging help

I have a question regarding how to select a region of interest using q cam software in labview.  In the front panel you are allowed draw a line, and  I was wondering if anyone knew how to use that line to select a region of interest.  I want to be able  to draw that line and use those pixels from that line as the region. Thanks for any help you can give.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,242 Views)
You cannot use the front panel selection for ROI conversion.You can do the same by using Vision and motion --->Machine vision--->Select region of intrest-----> here you will find selecting rectanlge.While you use this your  image will popup and you need to select your desired ROI.I will suggest you feed this to image extraction vi and you have got it.

Hope this helps

Dont forget to rate a good answer.It helps us improve our answers

Message Edited by muks on 07-01-2008 02:33 AM
Message 2 of 3
(2,210 Views)
Hello taywatch,

You could use a property node for the image control on the front panel in order to extract the region of interest referring to a line drawn on the image for other purposes. I have attached two images to demonstrate this. To get the property node I have used here, right click on the image control and select Create >> Property Node >> ROI. I then overlayed this ROI onto the original image. The second attachment shows you the final image shown on the front panel after drawing a line on the first image.

I hope this helps.

Vivek Nath
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

Machine Vision
Download All
Message 3 of 3
(2,188 Views)