LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of Controller for Flexrio examples on offline computer

Solved!
Go to solution

We have a brand new shiny Controler for Flexrio (NI-7935R [NI-7935R-0213BB74]). We are attempting to use the SFP+ communication with an offline computer. A good place to start would be the included example for the controller for flex rio "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2022\examples\FlexRIO\Controller for FlexRIO\NI 793xR - 10 GbE CLIP\NI 793xR - MGT 10 GbE CLIP.lvproj" however the offline install does not include this example....

So create a feed they say, using these instructions. https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA03q000000YGejCAG&l=en-US However, the example does not specify what packages are necessary. So I did a comparison of installed packages using nipkg info-installed > C:\report.txt. I noticed that the drivers for flexrio were missing despite the flexrio package being installed, specifically ni-flexrio-modular-io and ni-flexrio-integrated-io. I attempted to create a feed for these packages using the above instructions, but this creates a set of empty files that cannot be install. 

As of now we have a shiny new $25k paperweight. Does anyone have instructions on how to install the example "NI 793xR - MGT 10 GbE CLIP.lvproj" for an offline computer?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(612 Views)

Can you post a screenshot of what is installed as per NI Package Manager?

I believe you will need FlexRIO drivers but if they were installed first and then LabVIEW they may not show up.

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified Professional Instructor
ALE Consultants

Introduction to LabVIEW FPGA for RF, Radar, and Electronic Warfare Applications
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(558 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author adm746

This issue was resolved. Somehow the computer ID changed after install, rendering the license invalid. Re-install with new license rectified the issue

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(551 Views)