LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing LabVIEW 8.2.1 with DAQmx 8.0 on Suse 10.3 for Linux.

Solved!
Go to solution
We recently updated some of our machines to Opensuse 10.3.  We have a set of instructions my advisor wrote that have been used for the installation of Labview 8.2.1, NIKAL 1.6, and DAQmx 8.0 on Opensuse 10.3.  I thought I would post these instructions for anyone who may find them useful.  

NIKAL is now on version 1.7 and we have began to use that, but not as of the latest writing of these instructions.  We have installed Labview 8.5 using these instructions as well, but they have not been modified for that either.  I used these instructions to install Labview 8.5, NIKAL 1.7 and DAQmx base 3.1 on a laptop since we needed USB support for an NI 9233.  It installed without problems. I changed the following:

On step 10 the version of NIKAL was 1.7 not 1.6.
On step 11. I installed DAQmx Base 1.3 instead of DAQmx 8.0  and the message concerning Labview 8.0 not being installed does not occur.
Steps 13 and 14 should not be necessary since the versions DAQmx Base and Labview presumably expect each other to be there.

Once I had everything installed on the laptop, Labview could not see my device.  I contacted NI and they were very helpful and suggested a few commands to run.  Here is what I did.

I ran "lsdaq" with the following output:

> --------------------------------
>
> Detecting National Instruments DAQ Devices
>
> Found the following DAQ Devices:
>
> NI USB-9233: "Dev1"    (USB0::0x3923::0x70A8::01369063::RAW)
>
> --------------------------------

Then I ran "mxbaseconfig" with this error as the output:
>
> LabVIEW caught fatal signal
>
> 8.2.1 - Received SIGSEGV
>
> Reason: address not mapped to object
>
> Attempt to reference address: 0x0
>
> /usr/local/bin/mxbaseconfig: line 7: 18984 Segmentation fault
> /etc/natinst/nidaqmxbase/bin/mxbaseconfiglv

Then I ran "/usr/local/natinst/nidaqmxbase/bin/dmxbUSBfirmware.sh" with this error
>
> /usr/local/natinst/nidaqmxbase/bin/dmxbUSBfirmware.sh: line 9: 19214
> Aborted                 /etc/natinst/nidaqmxbase/bin/niusb9162dlfw

Finally I ran "updateNIDrivers" as root but Labview still didn't see the USB card.  It was then suggested to manually enter "Dev1/ai0" as the physical channel in a DAQmx Base example VI, and this worked perfectly.  Everthything seems fully functional and I've had no problems running all four channels from the card.  Sorry for the long post, just thought I'd post this information in case someone is in a similar situation.

Jeff

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,211 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Jeff2

Jeff, 

Support for the USB-9234 was added to DAQmx Base in version 3.2. All you should need to do is upgrade from 3.1 to 3.2. Here is the download link:

DAQmx Base 3.2
http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/1076/lang/en

Regards,

Ben

National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer
Certified TestStand Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,382 Views)