LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing multiple versions of Vision Builder AI / VBAI

Are there known issues with multiple versions of Vision Builder AI (VBAI) running on the same computer? For instance, I have some vision builder inspections built with 2013SP1 and others built with 2015/2018, etc. Can I install and run VBAI 2013SP1 on a computer where VBAI 2015 is already installed? Obviously I could migrate the 2013SP1 to 2015 but that is not an option in the short term and I'm looking for a short-term solution. 

Chris Walker
Certified Labview Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,953 Views)

Vision Builder installs side by side. There is no issue in having multiple versions installed on the same computer.

There is one thing you need to be careful: older inspections will open fine on a newer version of Vision Builder, but if you save them with the newer version of VBAI, VBAI will update the inspection version, and you will not be able to open them with the older version anymore. Be careful to not save the older inspections with the newer version of VBAI.

Other than that, everything should work fine.

The one thing that is not possible is to run different versions of VBAI on remote targets such as CVS, Industrial controllers, or smart cameras.

You can only install one version of VBAI on a target, and use the corresponding version on the host to control it.

Hope this helps,

Christophe

Christophe

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,929 Views)