LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration with Surround SCM

Seapine has created a temporary patch for me so I can use the original DLLs from LabVIEW.  NI may want to take the same approach with the TrollTech dll's so they don't have any conflicts with other applications using the dlls.  It looks like all they did was rename the dlls specific to their application and the version (QtCoreSeapineScm432.dll instead of QtCore4.dll).  Then they linked their SCCI dll to the renamed ones.  NI may want to contact TrollTech to see what they suggest for interacting applications using different versions.  I'm not sure if they just renamed the dll's or if they had to recomplile the renamed dlls.
Message 11 of 15
(1,361 Views)
Thank you for that information klessm1!  I will make sure R&D is aware of this.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(1,351 Views)

Hi,

Could someone please provide an update on this issue as I'm running in to the same thing.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,170 Views)

@chriscortopassi wrote:

Hi,

Could someone please provide an update on this issue as I'm running in to the same thing.

Nothing has changed as far as LabVIEW is concerned. So what has been mentioned so far for solutions is all still valid.

Before LabVIEW 8.5 there wasn't any issue since LabVIEW didn't use QT at all. And in 8.5.1 unless you use LabVIEW DSC you do not really need the QT DLLs in the LabVIEW folder and can replace them with the ones from the Surround SCM software.

If you do use LabVIEW DSC and want to keep using Surround SCM you should contact Seapine for the fix klessm mentioned.

The next version of LabVIEW is probably going to fix that but until that is out your stuck with these solutions.

Rolf Kalbermatter
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,158 Views)
Rolf is correct.  Seapine customer support will provide you with renamed and relinked dlls that don't conflict with LabVIEW 8.5.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,143 Views)