LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing PXIe 8115 module

Solved!
Go to solution

Iam using PXIe 8115 module for communicating an Instrument.I want to use ethernet communication.So Please suggest me Which is the Commom protocol UDP or TCP/IP??Can i use serial protocol?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,830 Views)

Whats the instrument? I have used tcp for talking to instruments as well as gpib and serial. As you have said ethernet i would guess you want to be using tcpip.

Please remember to accept any solutions and give kudos, Thanks

LV 8.6.1, LV2010,LV2011SP1, FPGA, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,816 Views)

Instrument is connected to anybus.So i want to communicate PXI with anybus.If Any TCP/IP sample code is there can you please share with me?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,806 Views)

in labview open the help menu then select find examples. On the left there is a search box, type tcp. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,804 Views)
Solution
Accepted by $agar

Hi Sagar,

You have to build PXI-Real Time code.

Procedure to develope RT code

1. Create New Blank Project

2. Right Click on Project tree and select New--> Targets and Devices

3. Select your PXI System and Configure your project with all available options.

4. TCP sender/receiver code develop in PXI and build EXE and Deploy

5. TCP receiver/sender code develop on PC and send/receive data on PC.

You can build simple read and write code and check the data exchange between PXI and Host PC

Thanks and Regards
Himanshu Goyal | LabVIEW Engineer- Power System Automation
Values that steer us ahead: Passion | Innovation | Ambition | Diligence | Teamwork
It Only gets BETTER!!!
Message 5 of 8
(2,797 Views)

Hi Akiel,

In Ni examples i found both TCP/IP and UDP.which one is more suitable for the communication?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,788 Views)

Do you have the real time version od the 8115? if so i would follow himanshu's advice. If not what are yout trying to talk to? it will say in the manual. I suspect it would be tcp so have a look at those

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,780 Views)

Hi Sagar,

National Instruments provide us the open platform with all protocol support. It's completely depend on us based on our application requirement that what method we can choose to develop a application. You can go with any protocol or functions supported by LabVIEW like TCP/IP, UDP, Network Shared Variable, Network Streams and a lot more.

Here over UDP TCP/IP come with a additional advantage that you can give your costumer a surety that complete data has been sent successfully(Acknowledgement).

You can check differences here

Thanks and Regards
Himanshu Goyal | LabVIEW Engineer- Power System Automation
Values that steer us ahead: Passion | Innovation | Ambition | Diligence | Teamwork
It Only gets BETTER!!!
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,733 Views)