LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a SubVI that will compute cross coherence of two signals?

I am trying to compute cross coherence between two time waveform signals to determine if one is a time-shifted version of the other, and if so what the time shift is.  I do not find a SubVI in LabVIEW that seems to perform this function.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,847 Views)

try the search function in the functions palette (in the upper right corner).

signal processing-signal operation

What version do you use? 

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,826 Views)
If you have the Sound and Vibration Toolkit try going to the palette: Sound and Vibration » Frequency Analysis » Baseband FFT. Also try Sound and Vibration » Frequency Analysis » Baseband FFT » Baseband Subset and Sound and Vibration » Frequency Analysis » Zoom FFT.

The first one is probably your best bet.
Vince M
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,806 Views)

I am using Version 8.6 with the Sound and Vibration Toolkit.  I have searched the functions pallet and find Coherence, Cross Power, and Cross Correlation, but these are not exactly what I am looking for.  I searched the NI website and returned the following link to a Blackfin Cross Coherence VI.  I think this is what I need, but I don't believe it is in my current product.  From the equation at the end, I may be able to build it, but with my level of experience, I wasn't sure I would get it coded right, and thought sure it would have already been built for 8.6.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371653B-01/lvblacklibdsp/bf_crosscoherence/

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,801 Views)

Those VIs are only compatible for Blackfin, and use drivers and function calls that are specific to blackfin and embedded controllers.  Unless you are program embedded controllers I don't see these functions working for you.  However you could open up that function and try to replicate it in a regular SubVI using regular LabVIEW function calls!

Charley Dahan

Global Account Manager
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,787 Views)
How do I open that function?  This appears to be the help file, and I was unable to see a link to open the VI itself to see how it is constructed.  SInce I don't have the Blackfin, I do not have the VI set it is referring to.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,778 Views)

Hi,

If you have MathScript you can use cohere function,

Another way you can use Dual Channel Spectral Measurement Express VI

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,750 Views)