LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using digital waveform as timing source

Hi folks!

I have it a snag in my code, hopefully a new pair of eyes will shed some light on the issue. I am trying to output a digital word in one line (red highlight in picture attached), however I also want to output a digital waveform (kinda of a pulse train) in another line (blue highlight). The problem is that I want the digital waveform to be the timing source for the digital word output (as seen in picture)..But LabVIEW 8.5 gives back an error report saying that I can't output the digital waveform and use as a timing source....Smiley Sad

I am open to suggestion to work around this.

CheersSmiley Happy

P.S. : I have attached the picture and the vi

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,064 Views)
Anyone? Kinda out of fresh ideas......
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,027 Views)

Hi Rsilva,

Which board are you using? On most boards, you won't be able to run 2 digital output tasks simultaneously (because there is only one clock circuit on the board). So if you want to generate 2 digital signals simultaneously, you have to put them in the same task (and they will use the same clock).

One thing you can do is generating a pulse train with the counter on your board and use this signal as the clock for your digital signal generation.
(see example in LV: Multi-Function-Ctr Pulse Train Generation for AI Sample Clock.vi )

Best regards,

Thomas B. | CLAD
National Instruments France

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,000 Views)

Yes, I want to output the pulse train in one channel and use it as (or use the same clock) to output the digital word, so they are in sync.

Isn´t that what I am doing in my VI?? Because LabVIEW gives back an error....

Any suggestions how to go about it?

I am using a NI-USB-6289 board. I will also check the example you suggested.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,977 Views)