cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keypad Entry

Solved!
Go to solution

All,

Is there a simple way to handle keypad entry similar to most HMI/SCADA systems? IE click on the control and the little keypad entry comes up?

- Ken 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,378 Views)
Not sure if I understand correctly, but are you talking about an on screen keyboard? One way to handle would be to run the command prompt with command 'osk'. Elaborate more if I have not answered your question.
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
Message 2 of 8
(3,367 Views)
you need to give a little more info here. What are you doing. It is very possible to have a key board pop up when you click something or if you are using a touch screen ( I am assuming you are based on this question) then you can make this happen. We need to know what you are doing and how it work. If you can post your code that helps the most.
Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,349 Views)

Hi, 

I haven't written any code yet, I'm just curious as to how you'd do it. I'll be deploying my app on a generic touch screen. I'm not using the NI module. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,313 Views)

I have done this it is not all that hard (I cant post the code since it is part of an internal company library). 

essentially on mouse down? event for a numeric, open up a modal dialog with the a cluster of buttons for the numerics and handle the logic there.  Once you have writen this one time, you can reuse it on any application.

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,298 Views)

Paul,

Thanks, I realized this. Although I have quite a few variables and it would be nice to simply "enable" the ability in a properties dialog or something instead of handing an event structure for every one.

Thanks!

- Ken 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,271 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author xkenneth

You could make an Xcontrol for this, it would be a moderate amount of work, and then make a property to allow touch screen or not.  It would be nice if this was provided for free but I havent found one.  One thing to keep in mind is that you should leave plenty of space on your touch screen application since the screen is less accurate than the mouse.  good luck.

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
Message 7 of 8
(3,253 Views)
Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,237 Views)