LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

waveform chart time scale changes using LabVIEW 2009

Running a waveform chart in strip chart mode, the time scale changes when running on LV2009 or LV8.5.1. In LV8.5.1 the time scale has many uniform time stamps (which is what I want). In LV2009 the time axis has two or three stamps at most.

Attached is the program. One vi is the original program in LV8.5.1. The other attached VI is the original program running in LV2009.

Properties appear to be the same. Probably something simple but I don't see it. This was noticed when porting a large program to LV2009. This simple test produced the same result.

Any help will be appreciated.

Dave

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(4,339 Views)
Dave F-

This is bug in LabVIEW.  It has been reported to our R&D department under CAR 37241 and is currently being worked on.  IF you would like to find out the status of this, please post back to this thread.

Regards,

Mike S
NI AE
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(4,300 Views)
I would like to find out the status of this bug as it affects charts/graphs/sliders anything with a date/time axis.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(4,205 Views)
ptilghma-

This CAR is being looked at by our R&D team and is being worked on diligently.  However, we cannot confirm the expected fix date.  With all bugs in our software, they are treated very seriously and all given the proper attention they deserve.  Please continue to check back for continued updates.
Regards,

Mike S
NI AE
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(4,180 Views)

I just upgraded from 8.6 to LV2009 and I am having possibly the same problem. Running a VI in LabView everything works correctly, but if I create a standalone .exe from the VI and run it, all of my Waveform charts' time axes lose their tick marks (except for one at each end and one that travels erratically back and forth across the axis). Changing the settings for the tick marks (such as arbitrary spacing, with grid lines, initial scaling and offset) or starting with a new VI has no effect.

--David

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(4,051 Views)

A patch released just the other day fixes this:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/C3F88F3596A164AD86257647006FB022

-Barrett
CLD
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(4,047 Views)
Unfortunately my problem is with the f2 patch installed (I installed 2009 after the patch was released). So maybe the problem was only partially fixed (i.e. not in the .exe)?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(4,040 Views)
If you haven't rebuilt the executable since installing the patch, then I suggest you do so.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(4,027 Views)

Ravens,

Deleting the build folder and re-building the executable doesn't help. Still have the time axis problem.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,999 Views)

Perhaps it wasn't fixed with that patch.

Blawson, you said that the patch fixed that problem.  Are you sure?  CAR 37241 is not mentioned in the link to the patch you gave.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,992 Views)