LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LAN controled Relayboard

Hi

I try to use a Numato LAN Relayboard (Telnet). But for some reason I can't connect to the board using TCP. The default username and password are "admin". And it work just fine, when I use the web interface to the board.

But when I try to make a connection with Labview, I get the error "Access denied". 

What do I do wrong?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(497 Views)

I don't use telnet the often, but it seems like you have to pretend to be a telnet client. Sending the raw strings over TCP is most certainly not going to work. I vaguely remember other forums users reporting success by remote-controlling a third-party telnet client via LabVIEW, maybe that can point you in the right direction.

Alternatively, since there seems to be a fully featured web interface that is not HTTPS-encrypted, you could reverse-engineer that interface. You would start by using your browser to connect to the Relay Module and open the development console on the browser (e.g. Ctrl-Shift-I on Firefox). Check the network traffic while submitting the login form. Your browser will tell you the raw data it sent to the board. Use that raw data in your VI and see if that gets you moving forward.

Edit: I assumed that this is the manual for your board: https://numato.com/docs/16-channel-ethernet-relay-module/

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(453 Views)

I actually like the Numato board.  I used their 64 relay board on a couple of projects with a lot of success.

Now for the weird part with this board: It is following the telnet standard to the extreme.  You see those weird characters at the start of the first read?  Those are option codes.  If you don't respond to those, the board will reject anything you tell it.  I spent more time than I care to admit digging through the Telnet standard to work through this.  In the end, here is the code that I made for reading from a Telnet device.  The main is just reading the string.  Then the subVI checks for option codes and then just affirms whatever options were sent by the device.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(441 Views)