LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LINX 3.0 - LabVIEW for BeagleBone Black and Raspberry Pi 2/3

Yeah the biggest limitation I've seen so far in terms of Linx is the strict LabVIEW 2014 SP1 requirement.  I don't have access to 2014 at the moment, but even if I did all new projects are in 2015 SP1, and possibly 2016.  It's possible 2017 will be released in 6 months or so (nothing official just a guess based on NI Week's date) and that will make the 2014 SP1 limitation even more of a pain.

0 Kudos
Message 51 of 82
(3,684 Views)

fmorandat

look this library, its for calling files from phyton but there are some other functions that maybe will help you, its a little more difficult for me but well im a lab VIEW begginer, let me know if its help you

good luck!

0 Kudos
Message 52 of 82
(3,695 Views)

hallow,

when I made the target for Blink.Vi project wth Raspberry3 connected, I have got the Raspberry2 as a target !?   then it said that for ADC 1115 there is no (0) channel for the single 1115 against the adafruit manual , and must be(1).

How can I retarget to get Rsp3?

0 Kudos
Message 53 of 82
(3,408 Views)

Hey PGluzman,

The RPI3 was released after LINX so there is no specific RPI3 target but the RPI2 LabVIEW target should be fully compatible with the RPI3 hardware.

As for the ADC1115 issue I suggest posting on the MakerHub forums to see if anyone there has had success with the device on RPI2/3.

0 Kudos
Message 54 of 82
(3,387 Views)

Any word on support for the Raspberry Pi Zero?  I know the LINX page specifically states it isn't supported due to older instruction set (whatever that means) but now that that Pi 3, Pi Zero, and Pi Zero W have came out (zero for $5, and zero w for $10 with the wifi and bluetooth built in), is there any plans to support them with the toolkit by adding them as their own target types?

Message 55 of 82
(3,377 Views)

Any chance that Linx 3.0 will support the Compute Module 3 and the IO board V3?  I just got one not too long ago as I'dd like to utilize the high channel counts of GPIO.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 56 of 82
(3,371 Views)

Yes, Blinx its for Ppi2, so im think the Rpi3 doest have the support, also blinx dont have the support to recognice the Rpi3, try with an Rpi2 or buy a bleagle bone.

0 Kudos
Message 57 of 82
(3,346 Views)

Thanks, but Blinx run on my Raspberry 3B. It says that the chosen GPIO is not exist on Rpi2 (40) and recommends another, but then when I switch back it keeps to work and blink the LED. The problem, that the single I2C device ADS1115 should sit on channel 0. 

But I get error Dialog box that channel 0 does not exist for RPi2 .(?)

I generally look for example of RPi3 talking to ADS1115 by I2C in LabView, it may help me.

0 Kudos
Message 58 of 82
(3,338 Views)

When using LINX on RPI the I2C channel is channel 1.  You can see the pinout LINX uses here.

0 Kudos
Message 59 of 82
(3,329 Views)

What about the licensing for commercial uses. If we have the LabView Full Version it is sufficient to be able to use the LabView Runtime for BBB/RP2 for internal applications in a company?

0 Kudos
Message 60 of 82
(3,007 Views)