LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLB creates seperate files when vis are named the same

Hi everyone,

when I build my project into an llb, the compiler will stumble over multiple files with the same name causing it to put them outside the llb in separate folders. Code distribution is a little painful then.

I figured it out this is caused by the stupidity, that labview cannot have to files with the same name withhin the same scope. So far so clear.

My problem is that I have no idea how to fix this as those files are from NI themselves. NI_Report, NI_html and NI_standard report, Less Functor, Less Comparable and also the same for streams and pipes.

For Streams and Pipes it's a special pain in the arse as labview will not recognize them as different and will try to put them in the same folder (that's why i gave up using this feature even though I waited for it for arount 15 years to come) causing the build to fail.

So... The only solution is that while the build process the files in the used classes will be renamed to unique name. I somewhere read a while ago that there is an option for this but I cannot find anything.

Thank you guys and I'm sorry for my bitterness.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(1,041 Views)

You'd have to explain first why you want to use llbs in the first place.

Most LabVIEW programmers that have been around long enough gave up on llbs 15 years ago.

If you do need plug-in like modules, ppls is probably the way to go.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(1,038 Views)

Unfortunately I cannot change the system. It expects llbs to come to I have to deliver. It's a plug-in like system.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(1,034 Views)

@Nils_Thomsen wrote:

Unfortunately I cannot change the system. It expects llbs to come to I have to deliver. It's a plug-in like system.

Do you really need everything to be in one llb? Is it perhaps not enough to have the top-VI(s) in the llb and the rest outside? 

If not, then its a bad system and needs to be changed. 

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(1,024 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

You'd have to explain first why you want to use llbs in the first place.

Most LabVIEW programmers that have been around long enough gave up on llbs 15 years ago.

If you do need plug-in like modules, ppls is probably the way to go.

I actually gave up on ppls and created a llb-plugin system after watching one of Darrens presentations. Much less headaches.

Message 5 of 20
(1,022 Views)

Maybe it's a bad system but - as stated - I cannot change it. LLBs are expected and the way to go.

But this is not the question.

The problem is the LV build process.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(1,015 Views)

In the source file settings, you can select "Apply prefix to all contained items". That should help.

Message 7 of 20
(1,007 Views)

No it wont. There es for example the file "lesser than.vi" that will in both cases be renamed to "prefix_lesser than.vi" again causing two files having the same file name.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(1,004 Views)

So you have a source (lvlib?) that has two files with the same name? OK, then you can go and enable "Rename this file in the build" under Source File Settings for that file.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(985 Views)

I don't see the point in adding a prefix. It will simply rename all files what will bring no advantage as they later still have the same name.

Noname.PNG

2.png

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20
(974 Views)