LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV 2009 bug - Dynamic dispatch selection dialog does not bring the VI to the front if it's already open

Solved!
Go to solution

In LV 2009, if you double click an implementation in the dynamic dispatch selection dialog and that VI is already open, it will not be brought to the front. This worked correctly in earlier versions. 

Have a look at the attached project for an example.

I wonder if that could be the results of a bug that skipped the dialog and selected the version for you.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,886 Views)

I assume you mean "the result of fixing a bug", although I'm not personally aware of such a bug.

In any case, 2009 doesn't skip the dialog. It just fails to bring the FP to the front if the VI is already open.

(2,872 Views)

tst wrote:

I assume you mean "the result of fixing a bug", although I'm not personally aware of such a bug.

Yes. If I double-clicked a dynamic dipatch icon in a diagram, rahter than opening the dialog screen that let me choose the flavor, it would skip the dialog. Work-around was right-click on the diagram instance and select open.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,867 Views)
Solution
Accepted by tst

Please try dropping the attached VI on top of Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW XXXX\resource\Framework\Providers\LVClassLibrary\ChooseImplementation\CLSUIP_OpenImplementations.vi and let me know if it works for you.

Message 5 of 6
(2,801 Views)
This solves the problem, thanks.

(2,784 Views)