LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV 2023 64-Bit Drivers

I am instructed to install LabView 64-bit but I am having issues finding drivers to support my application.

Specifically, I'm looking for drivers for a Rohde & Schwarz HMP4040, and a Keithley DAQ6510.

Any support would be tremendously helpful.

Thanks in advance

Keith

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(741 Views)

Firstly, make sure you have NI-VISA installed. Then you can find all the plug-and-play drivers for third party instruments from Instrument Driver Network (IDNet)

Rohde & Schwarz Hameg HMP4000 Power Supply - Driver for LabVIEW

Keithley DMM6500 DAQ6500 Series Data Acquisition System,Meter - USB, Ethernet, IEEE 488.2 (GPIB) Dri...

Download and extract the files to <LabVIEW>\instr.lib path

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(738 Views)

Just to mention something here as I am not sure if there is confusion on this point or not:

The "bit-ness" of drivers only matters in certain cases

• If you are talking about operating system "device drivers", such as those you might install and then see listed in Device Manager later.  These would always be 64-bit for Windows 10, and it's only on earlier operating systems (Windows 7 and before) where there could be 32-bit drivers as a possibility.
    • Even still, Windows 10 can sometimes use old 32 bit drivers with workarounds.  But don't count on it.
  • If you are talking about "drivers for LabVIEW", i.e. VI files that go into instr.lib such as the ones ZYOng linked, most of these are non-bit-specific.  This is because any "LabVIEW driver" that uses standard NI-VISA operations does not care about the bit-ness of LabVIEW that it operates under.
    • However, if a "LabVIEW driver" is just a set of wrapper VIs that calls DLLs or ActiveX, then the "bit-ness" of the driver can matter again.
    • A well-written driver would include DLLs for both as well as being made in such a way that it calls the correct DLL for the "bit-ness" of LabVIEW using it, but this is not always the case, so it you do get a "LabVIEW driver" that uses DLL calls, it's best to check to be certain it's not set up to only work on an alternate LabVIEW bit-ness.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(694 Views)

Thanks for the info thus far.

I've been trying to download in install the NI VISA version 2023 and keep getting this error while installing:

Calypso1_0-1699307682532.png

Any suggestions here?

KM

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(686 Views)

Error 16xx While Installing or Uninstalling NI Software

What is your OS version? What is the version of the NI-VISA driver you are trying to install?

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(668 Views)
  • The OS is Windows 10 Enterprise
  • I'm trying to install NI VISA Version 2023 Q2

Keith

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(629 Views)