LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV8.2 crashes when opening project

My Labview installation has begun crashing when opening up projects. I am able to open vi's without a problem. There is no error indicated. I have tried creating a new project. This opens up the project explorer screen but Labview will suddenly close before the project screen finishes loading. There is no error message and I can't seem to find a log created. Anybody have suggestions on how to fix? I just went through a fresh installation last week and would like to avoid going through that again.

Thanks,

-wil 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,478 Views)
Does this happen only with this project, or with any other project file? For instance, if you open one of the project examples that ships with LabVIEW does LabVIEW crash? If not, then there's something within the project file that's causing the crash. There have been a few posts on this in the past. I would suggest searching to see what others have encountered. One thing that you can do if the problem is limited to a single project is to build up the project's files bit by bit so you can narrow it down.
Message 2 of 5
(2,475 Views)

It happens with all my projects and also when I create a new one. When I create a new one - it crashes before the project comes up.

-wil

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,472 Views)
You could try doing a repair installation, which is a bit more convenient than a full reinstall.  Has anything changed on your computer between when it worked and now?
Regards,

Jeremy_B

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 4 of 5
(2,447 Views)

In case anybody is curious, I was able to fix the problem with the info from this thread:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=174476&query.id=141493#M174476

-wil

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,342 Views)