LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable Engine Version Compatible?

Can I run two different versions of the shared variable engine on different machines and still have them communicate using shared variables? I'm having trouble connecting two computers (One running LV 8.2.1 and the other with CVI 8.5.0)

If versions are not compatible, how do I tell what version of the SVE I am running?

Thanks,
Craig

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,429 Views)

Craig,

How are you communicating between the two machines?  You should only have your variables being hosted on one of the engines.  What are you trying to do as far as connecting the two computers?  What is your end goal?

Regards,

Jared Boothe
Staff Hardware Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,393 Views)

Jared,

You're correct in saying that I will only need one Shared Variable Engine hosting the variables. I may have misstated this earlier.

I'm communicating between the two machines using ethernet cables and a hub.

My end goal is to send information from my machine running CVI in the form of 1) an array of doubles and 2) an array of strings describing these doubles to the machine running LabVIEW in order to control a flowloop. The CVI machine is interacting with several sensors, crunching, and organizing this data before its sent to a shared variable

Craig

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,373 Views)

Craig,

Are you able to see the 'CVI' variables in the Shared Variable Manager on the 'LabVIEW machine'?

Regards,

Jared Boothe
Staff Hardware Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,355 Views)