LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2009 3d plots: they don't work

I just installed LabVIEW 2009 and I tried the new 3d plots. Well...On my pc they don't work at all.

I just see a white window on the front panel. Inside there is noting. But when I export the image, the image is correctly exported. If I do "Render Window" it works, and I can rotate the image, etc. etc.
But the fact that I cannot se anything in the original window (just looking white) prevents me to export the image rotated as I would like (best looking).

The same behaviour happens with all the 3d examples included (in Find Examples).

On the contrary the old Activex 3d controls are working fine.

I have LV 2009 Professional on Vista Businnes, Directx10.

Any suggestion please?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,667 Views)

many graphics related issue found in LV are related to the display and driver settings. More often than not, using less hardware acceleration helps. The next most freq fix is to update the driver for the video adapter.

Just trying to help,

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 4
(2,663 Views)

gnappo wrote:

But the fact that I cannot se anything in the original window (just looking white) prevents me to export the image rotated as I would like (best looking).

If it came down to it and they're anything like the old ActiveX ones you can programatically set the viewing angle and then export (I dont' know about this, I don't have 2009).  Kind of pointless work though, since the ActiveX ones are working foryou anyway.

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,651 Views)

Hi all,

Another user had a similiar issue, and was able to resolve the problem by updating their graphics drivers, as Ben suggested.  More specifically, they were using HP graphics drivers.  I hope this helps all who stumble upon this link. 

Cheers, 

Marti C
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
NI Medical
Message 4 of 4
(2,525 Views)