LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2010 icon editor bugs

Having used LabVIEW 2010 quite a lot recently, I have noticed some weird behaviour in the icon editor which did not happen in 2009.

Firstly, when pasting in a new item from the clipboard, the editor creates two new user layers instead of one.

Secondly, the rectangle selected by the selection tool can no longer be moved - this is a major editing headache.

Has anyone else experienced these problems, and are they bugs or features?

Thanks,

Mike

Message 1 of 21
(5,224 Views)

I'm with you on both of those counts - the clipboard one is just wierd but the selection moving is a real pain!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 21
(5,203 Views)

Just upgraded to 2010. Place these two in the bugs category. Certainly an irritating "feature".

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 21
(5,179 Views)

The double layer issue was filed as CAR #242182 about a month ago.  The select and drag issue was filed as CAR #235737 a bit earlier.  At the moment, there are no known workarounds.

The extra layer is easy to delete.  However, working around the select and drag bug is much more annoying. I mitigate this somewhat by keeping the number of objects per layer small, allowing me to use the entire layer.  It is not a good workaround.

Our apologies for the issues.

Message 4 of 21
(5,174 Views)

I've only recently installed 2010 and I'm still getting used to the feature changes. The Icon Editor is truly a pain! I make all my Icons in a .bmp file and copy/paste the desired Icon into the VI, but the new editor shrinks the incomming .bmp data by 1 row and 1 column making the editor useless. I haven't started working with the layers, so I'm unaware of the layers features. Annoying to the MAX. This needs to be cleaned up badly and soon!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 21
(5,006 Views)

Due to the obvious slow loading speed of the icon editor the first time it is used in a LabVIEW session, does that mean it is a separate piece of code that could more easily be patched/replaced by NI to fix these annoying bugs?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21
(4,998 Views)

indeed

search in lava (labview) and you find replacements and workarounds to get the old one back.

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21
(4,967 Views)

For something as simple as a .bmp editor, this should have been debugged and proofed out before it was released. It's not like they're paying us thousands of dollars per license to use their product. A little urked, here.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21
(4,952 Views)

Downloaded 2010 f4 patch and still no fix for moving selected areas.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 21
(4,826 Views)

Hi All,

Is there anything new on this?  I'm getting frustrated working with it.  They really improved the glyphs, but broke one of the basic features.

Roger

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21
(4,711 Views)