LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2016 F7 Patch Killed My LabVIEW

Solved!
Go to solution

Tried to install f7 patch, after the installation, my LabVIEW 2016 executable is gone. This happened twice already, I've even tried to uninstall everything and start from fresh installation of LabVIEW 2016. I am now repairing my LabVIEW 2016. Has anyone got the same problem? The previous f6 patch was fine, but I cannot download it from NI website anymore, the download link is pointed to f7 patch only.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,980 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GJ.VVU

Yep.  I got burned with that, as well, but it was in the context of trying to load four versions of LabVIEW, namely LabVIEW 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019, starting with having "Triple LabVIEW" last May when LabVIEW 2019 was released.  It did not go well, largely (I believe) to (I'll kindly call it "disorganized") behavior of NIPM.

Working with NI Technical Support Engineers, and a lot of "experimentation", I finally got all four versions of LabVIEW installed.  However, during one such effort, I installed LabVIEW 2016, installed some updates, installed Update f7, and Blooey!, no more LabVIEW 2016.  At the time, I recall that there was an option to install an earlier update (f5, if I'm remembering correctly), and that seemed to work.

One lesson I learned (which I'd also learned with earlier LabVIEW Versions -- sometimes it is almost always faster, better, safer to first uninstall all National Instruments Software (but do not touch the Registry!) first, and then install LabVIEW versions on a "clean" system.  I (and others) have described how to do this in this Forum -- as they say, "You can Look It Up".

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,931 Views)

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the advice. It's good to hear that it is not just me. After tried twice, I am certain that the f7 patch does not work at all. Luckily, I've found the f6 patch from our company shared drive. I am able to install it back.

After I completely uninstalled everything (left the Registry), I encountered Error 1935, and looked up on Google, it seems that something to do with .NET framework. I've managed to fix it by repairing .NET framework. I am now installing LabVIEW development suite from the very beginning. I will probably just just f6 patch until our company move to the latest version as it is proven to be stable so far.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,925 Views)