LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 8.6 and report generation toolkit

I was wanting to upgrade to 8.6 but noticed that my rep gen toolkit(1.1.1) is not compatible.

Will NI be offering a free upgrade? or do I have to go to management and ask to purchase rep gen toolkit 1.1.3 for 500 US dollars?  Purchasing the same toolkit every few years when you have an SSP for a full development system is getting kind of old.

Brian
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(4,728 Views)

I think you can install the old toolkit to the new LabVIEW version, VIs are still VIs, it's just that new release of the toolkit has changed but the upgrade should be normal.

If you have a (professional?) SSP the toolkit will be included.

I would just try to see if the toolkit is installable on 8.6.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
Message 2 of 16
(4,713 Views)

I tried installing 1.1.1 with LabVIEW 8.6 and it did not work.  The report generation VIs were rewritten using classes.

The document below says to Not Install report generation toolkits 1.1.2 and below with LabVIEW 8.6.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/C7CF35C4F545FFBE8625745D0080EBAE

Brian
Message 3 of 16
(4,697 Views)

Hi Brian,

There is no way to upgrade for free over the internet. This sounds like a great question for one of our sales representatives. I would encourage you to call us at 866.ASK.MY.NI.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Thanks,

Dan Richards

Dan Richards
Certified LabVIEW Developer
Message 4 of 16
(4,644 Views)

The LabVIEW 8.6 Platform DVD includes the installer for the Report Generation Toolkit 1.1.3, which is the only version of the Report Generation Toolkit that will work with LabVIEW 8.6.  I'm pretty sure that your RGT 1.1.1 serial number will activate RGT 1.1.3, but you'll want to double check with your sales rep to be sure.

-D

P.S. - Going forward, old versions of toolkits will not be compatible with new versions of LabVIEW.  This is because each toolkit on the LabVIEW Platform DVD will only install to the LabVIEW version on the DVD...this allows you to have multiple toolkits installed on your machine at the same time, which has been a long-requested LabVIEW feature.

Message 5 of 16
(4,635 Views)

Report Generation Toolkit 1.1.3 is available for download if you have a SSP. 

My 1.1.1 serial # was able to activate 1.1.3, so I am now up and running with 1.1.3. Smiley Very Happy

Thanks Everyone,

Brian
Message 6 of 16
(4,591 Views)

Can anyone point me towards the V1.1.3 download link for SSP users?

Thanks.

Message Edited by tca-adam on 09-01-2008 11:23 AM
Message Edited by tca-adam on 09-01-2008 11:23 AM
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(4,550 Views)

I believe that V1.1.3 only works with LabVIEW 8.6, and the toolkit is on the 8.6 DVD.

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

Message 8 of 16
(4,509 Views)
If you are an SSP customer then you should be able to access the Service Resource Center in order to download any of the software updates that you need.  If you have any further questions please just let us know! 
Thanks!
Bob H
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 9 of 16
(4,479 Views)

Unfortunately there is some delay in us Aussies getting the original DVDs sent to us, so at this stage my NI rep has burned me a copy of the main LabVIEW install but I can't find the Report Toolkit on it.

I am an SSP customer but when I go to the Services Resource Centre I get this message:

Important Message

Access to the Services Resource Center could not be verified.

• The email address is not subscribed and/or activated with the appropriate level of service. If this is the incorrect email address, please login here
  • Please confirm that your correct country information is specified, please select here
  • If you have just subscribed you may need to wait up to 48 hours for your subscription to be processed
  • If access is urgent, or to subscribe, please contact a NI Representative at (800) 206-2179. Outside of the US and Canada please contact your local NI branch office
  • 0 Kudos
    Message 10 of 16
    (4,437 Views)