LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Home Edition???

So the new Arduino Compiler for LabVIEW New Arduino™ Compiler for LabVIEW, refers to a mythical beast called LabVIEW Home. Intrigued, I searched NI's website for "LabVIEW Home Edition" and the first hit that pops up is this: http://www.ni.com/download/labview-home-bundle-2014-sp1/5103/en/. Yet there is no official page for this long dreamed of product. Please tell me this is real. I need official corroboration from NI. Don't keep the community in suspense.

"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them." -- Galileo Galilei

Message 1 of 114
(15,108 Views)

I don't think NI has an official response as yet.

However, Rumors abound in the cyber world that further information is comming in the near future.

DISCLAIMER: I am not speaking for anyone other than myself- any predictions of potential future events are conjectural.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 114
(15,035 Views)

I am very happy to confirm that LabVIEW Home Edition is ineed real and will be available in the very near future.

The LabVIEW Home Bundle will include:

• LabVIEW Full Development System
  • LabVIEW Control Design and Simulation Module
  • LabVIEW MathScript RT Module

all licensed for non-commercial, personal use for $49 and as part of hardware bundles from Sparkfun and Digilent.   We're also working a community for Makers using LabVIEW at  www.labviewmakerhub.com (formerly LabVIEW Hacker).  This will serve as a place to collaborate on open source LabVIEW Add-ons, share projects, and participate in community events.  Keep an eye out there for more updates soon.

-Sam K

Message 3 of 114
(14,977 Views)

@Kristoff2 wrote:

I am very happy to confirm that LabVIEW Home Edition is ineed real and will be available in the very near future.

The LabVIEW Home Bundle will include:

• LabVIEW Full Development System
  • LabVIEW Control Design and Simulation Module
  • LabVIEW MathScript RT Module

all licensed for non-commercial, personal use for $49 and as part of hardware bundles from Sparkfun and Digilent.   We're also working a community for Makers using LabVIEW at  www.labviewmakerhub.com (formerly LabVIEW Hacker).  This will serve as a place to collaborate on open source LabVIEW Add-ons, share projects, and participate in community events.  Keep an eye out there for more updates soon.

-Sam K

Will this include the application builder?

Labview is not that useful without the application builder, except to use with the Arduino compiler,

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 4 of 114
(14,942 Views)
The student edition has never had the app builder and thousands of users have found that useful. For a single home pc, the app builder would not be required.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 114
(14,931 Views)

The initial version will not include applicaiton builder, but we definatly want to hear everyone's feedback on how you'll use LabVIEW Home Edition and what additional features, add-ons, etc will be useful for the home use case.

Thanks!

-Sam K

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 114
(14,860 Views)

I'd argue the application builder isn't very useful without a commercial application.

What are you doing with it that you believe it's what makes or breaks LabVIEW in a personal application use case?

Message 7 of 114
(14,833 Views)

I know it is asking too much, but could it be a renwable license?  That way poor people like myself can keep current with our skill sets so we can renew our certs.  No SSP, of course.  But that would be okay if you were renewing your certs because you probably already took some version of the online courses.

If you felt you need something more than a brush-up, then you buy one of the big licenses.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 114
(14,795 Views)

Isn't it renewable at $35 based on what we see here?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 114
(14,776 Views)

@natasftw wrote:

Isn't it renewable at $35 based on what we see here?

Sorry, I haven't been feeling well all weekend and I've been kinda doped up.  I'll take your word for it.  Thanks!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 114
(14,756 Views)