ni.com checkout is currently experiencing issues.

Support teams are actively working on the resolution.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Instrument Driver Import Wizard for 2024 Q1 : Does this exist? How do I import an IVI-C driver to LabView?

I have a project that uses a Matsusada Precision Low Voltage Power Supply, the original LabVIEW code was written in 2022. The vendor only gives the drivers as IVI-C and IVI-COM drivers. The vendor gives a guide on importing the IVI-C into previous versions of LabVIEW, but they are based on a "LabVIEW Instrument Driver Import Wizard". The NI website only lists a "LabVIEW Instrument Driver Import Wizard" for LabVIEW 2023. NI Link for "LabVIEW Instrument Driver Import Wizard" 

Does a "LabVIEW Instrument Driver Import Wizard" exist for 2024 Q1? Does an "IVI Compliance Package" exist for this new Wizard?

If this doesn't exist, is there new method for importing IVI-C drivers into LabVIEW 2024 Q1 to generate the standard VIs for interfacing to the supply?

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(166 Views)

Should I have asked this in a different forum? I can't be the only person that has this question.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(82 Views)

I honestly never used that wizard. Not so a fan of any wizards to be honest. 😁

However since the original project was written in LabVIEW 2022 someone obviously already did the importing of that driver for that version, didn't they? In that case trying to reimport the driver in a newer version is pretty useless, you should be able to simply upgrade the project and all its files (including the imported driver library) to your current LabVIEW version.

Another option would be to stay in 2022. If you have a valid LabVIEW license, you are entitled to use older versions of LabVIEW too for as long as your license is valid.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(69 Views)

Hi

You need a little patience.

The same question was asked in 2020 and solved itself the next year ( 2021 ) when NI released the updated version for 2020 :

softball_0-1714889863303.png

Obviously not first priority on NI's to-do list.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(47 Views)