LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Linux Real Time target ethernet

Greetings,

I am working on a college project which requires me to build an HIL. LabVIEW Linux Real Time would be a viable option for the real time simulation requirement. I am going to design my own output device that connects to the DUT [Device Under Test] through an FPGA. The communication link from my simulation to the FPGA would be ethernet. 

This would have me requiring having two ethernet connection, one from host pc to real time target and from real time target to the FPGA. 

My question is, how would I setup the simulation model, so that the simulation results gets transferred to the FPGA?

Kind regards,

Diede

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(216 Views)

What specific model of real-time target and FPGA target do you have?

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(176 Views)

Hello, Diede.

I'm a little confused by your question.  An FPGA is a chip (a Field-Programmable Gate Array, to be precise).  It is often found "inside" other devices made for Real-Time applications (like NI's cRIOs and the myRIO) that run Real-Time Operating systems and communicate with Host computers (that have much more memory and "human-interacting Devices" such as displays, keyboards, and mice) using TCP/IP.

You could easily create your HIL system using a cRIO, running LabVIEW Real-Time, and interacting with its FPGA to give you the speed for HIL processing of the cRIO's hardware-connected-to-the-DUT and communicating with the Host PC using TCP/IP between Host and (RIO) Target.  You'd want some form of fast connection between Host and Target, usually TCP/IP, but this not necessarily need to be an Ethernet port -- WIFI or TCP/IP via USB (both of which the myRIO provides) are also possibilities.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(142 Views)