LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Project will not open for Jenkins User

I am running out of ideas on how to troubleshoot this, and would love it if someone could give me some new ideas on what I could try.

I have a LabVIEW project that I can open just fine on any computer, but it will not open properly for my Jenkins user.  The project has many VIs, classes, RT, FPGA, etc.  I have tested opening the project by PSEXEC - to simulate running it as my Jenkins user.  That also works just fine.  The only situation where it doesn't open is when I have the Jenkins user try to open the project.  The problem is that I get no feedback whatsoever as to what the issue is, so finding where it originates has become very difficult.  I've tried mass compile, clearing the object cache, etc.

I have been searching in vain so far to try and find a way to show where a project is in the loading process.  It doesn't appear to be possible to do it using Desktop Execution Trace.  The only useful thing I've been able to determine is that if I delete sections of code out of the project it does eventually allow Jenkins to load it.  But it isn't consistent, if I delete one half or the other then it works, but it doesn't seem to care which half.

My next guess was memory, but I'm well under my 2GB limit.  The Resource Monitor shows LabVIEW stalling and dying at around 1GB of memory.  Which is around what the project normally takes when open under a normal account.

I figured it could be a permissions issue, but the Jenkins user has full access to that folder, and when I run using PSEXEC it runs just fine.  What is different when I run as just a regular Jenkins user instead of as as PSEXEC copy of that user?  Is there any way to put LabVIEW into some Verbose mode that will tell me where it is in the project loading process so I can see where it is stuck?

The code attached is all that I am having an issue with.  Everything works upstream to get to this point, and IF it opens my downstream logic works.  It's just this open function that I can't figure out.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(346 Views)