Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW crashes in development environment but not in executable

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by whoschris

It looks like the specific cause of the hang is running the mouse over the horizontal scrollbar when the cluster is disabled, but only if the nested string control is also enabled. I was able to reproduce this by dropping a new cluster and string control so I don't think it's an object insanity of any sorts. I couldn't find any existing bug reports for this issue so I would be interested in trying this in in older versions of LabVIEW.

One workaround might be to recursively disable control objects if you are operating on clusters. This is kind of annoying because you will have to check whether any controls you are disabling are clusters (even if you know the top level control reference you have is a cluster reference you would have to check for nested clusters as the Controls[] property returns objects of the control class). If you are ever disabling items within clusters you will also have to make sure to keep track of the enable state when you want to disable a cluster so when you enable it again you can re-enable the correct cluster items.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 11 of 12
(559 Views)

Thanks, altenbach, for providing those report IDs!

From our NI Error Reporting data, it doesn't look like this crash has been widely reported yet and it may have been introduced in 2018.

The call stack is pretty straight-forward and I was able to reproduce the crash with 2018 SP1 (under development). I've filed Corrective Action Request (CAR) 704672 to take care of it. If anyone is running into this issue and Matt's workaround doesn't suffice please work with our support team and use that CAR number as reference.

Thanks again to Christopher and you for reporting this,

Regards, 

Alejandro Asenjo

LabVIEW NXG Apps&Libs and App SW Product Analytics | Product Owner | National Instruments

Message 12 of 12
(474 Views)