LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW example project, no device found

I have installed LabVIEW 2021 and NI-USRP driver 21.0, and then connected my USRP (2943R) device to my PC (windows 10).

I have configured my IP to 192.168.10.1, and successfully pinged the USRP.

In the NI-USRP configuration utility the device shows up with ID 192.168.10.2. and image status says update needed.

When I try to update image the configuration utility only shows the FPGA image: usrp_x310_fpga_HG.lvbitx

But no firmware image. Still, I updated the image, but after updating the same update needed message is there.

Just to check if the USRP somehow still works or not, I opened LabVIEW and tried running the NI-USRP single streaming VI given as an example project.

But when I press run it shows a message saying:

"Device enumeration error. Either no devices were found, or more than one device was found with the resource name you entered.

Verify that the resource name matches the device name in MAX."

Then, I opened NI-Max, which does not show up my USRP device.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(260 Views)

@ibrahim1991 wrote:

I have installed LabVIEW 2021 and NI-USRP driver 21.0, and then connected my USRP (2943R) device to my PC (windows 10).

I have configured my IP to 192.168.10.1, and successfully pinged the USRP.

In the NI-USRP configuration utility the device shows up with ID 192.168.10.2. and image status says update needed.

I have a "curiosity" question.  I believe the IP address 192.168.10.x is one of the non-routable IP address ranges that cannot connect to the Internet.  For example, if I ask the laptop on which I am typing this message what its IP is, it gives me an IP in this non-routable IP range, and identifies the 192.168.x.1 address as my wireless home router.  The address assigned to my Laptop is 192.168.x.y (where x is the same part of the 24-bit private internal address that my router uses, and y is the 8-bit "local ID" that is currently assigned to this laptop), and through it, I can reach both the Internet and, say, my printer which is on the same 192.168.x subnet, but with a local ID of 106).  The point I'm trying to make is that if your PC is at 192.168.0.10.1, and "acts like a router", it should be able to communicate with anything in its own "subnet" (like the USRP device), but won't be able to "see the Internet".  Or at least that is my understanding of IP subnets.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(185 Views)

My desktop has two ethernet ports, so I am using one to connect with the USRP, while using the other for internet connection. So I am not the right guy to answer the question. However, I do believe that what you wrote is correct.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(153 Views)