LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW for Android OS

Hi,

Can we install our LabVIEW applications on Android OS. If there is any provision I would welcome the options available.

If not then any alternatives for it ?

Regards,

Runjhun.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,243 Views)

No, you cannot install LabVIEW applications on Android.

NI did launch a portal to show how you can build native apps to access LabVIEW measurments by using LabVIEW web services:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/smartphones-tablets-and-mobile-devices

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,237 Views)

I have some libraries ,  developed using LabVIEW .... can i use those libraries in Andriod ??

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,004 Views)
If you read the thread, you would know that you can't run LabVIEW code on an Android. If you had looked at the link, you would have seen some of the ways you can link an Android to a external LabVIEW program. What exactly do you want?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,992 Views)

LabVIEW code is compiled for the target CPU and OS it was created for (usually the same as the CPU and OS the LabVIEW development system is running on which was used to create the code). Since LabVIEW itself does not run on Android nor any non-x86 CPU currently, it's built executables nor libraries can be targetted for the Android OS nor the ARM CPU Android is usually running on. Even if you happen to run Android on an x86 device it won't work, since the compiled code needs to match both the target CPU and OS.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,968 Views)