cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

edit cell in multicolumn listbox is slow

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I want to make an editable multicolumn listbox where users can make a derivation of channels, using -1 en 1 to subtract channels. Now when i set the multiclomumn listbox to editable cells, it takes a least one second (in run-time) to actually input something into the cell??

Also, how can get the clicked cell, position?? I can't get it out of the "Active cell" property node? I want to pop up a dialog when clicking on the cell, that i can fill it's value..

Anyone knows how to speed this up?

Best regards,

Thijs

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,527 Views)

The listbox by itself shouldn't be so slow.  Are you using property nodes?    Can you post your code?

>

"There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus." - Blaise Pascal
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,522 Views)

Here is the VI, you can see the differances between the 2

Regards,

Thijs

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,517 Views)

It seems like the problem is getting the cell selected, not actually changing it.  Try adding a "Value Change" event case for the listbox.  Use the Coords property to get the coordinates of the changed cell, increment the column by one and then set this value to the EditPos property.  This may help alleviate the problem, though the user will have to edit the columns in order and press <ENTER> after each cell.

>

"There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus." - Blaise Pascal
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,511 Views)

Mmmmh...

I can't get the coordinates with the value change event? And when i use the control ref to get the coord. it gives a value in pixels... inserted in the EditPos (which reads row and columns) it doesn't work.

Regards

Thijs

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,505 Views)

Ah, you used: "edit cell" but then i keeps jumping...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,504 Views)
Hi,

Maybe this is the solution:
https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-25799
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,488 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ThijsBoeree
Message 8 of 8