LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2011 Installation Error

I just took another look at the document you posted earlier, last night I was reading it on my phone and missed something important. The Installation Summary screen says that it didn't install LV. Were ther any other messages that came up while you were installing just LV?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(521 Views)

Hai mikeporter,

During the installation of the 1st DVD, there were no error window come out. But, the time taken for the 1st DVD install the LV is too short (about 1 minute). I'm not sure if it is common time to install. After they ask to insert the second DVD, then the error windows are continue popup. Any suggestion? Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(515 Views)

I'm thinking a media problem or something. LV should take 15 or 20 minutes at least to install.

I don't think the 2011 installer will be available any more, but can you download the 2012 installer from the NI website? Or perhaps try doing the installation on another computer?

You do have admin permissions on the computer, correct?

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(513 Views)

Hai mike porter,

Actually the DVD is original with licence (all licences are used). So I try to install for the trial version using the same DVD because I need to use the toolkits. If I download LV 2012 in NI website, is it the toolkits are free download? Or available? Feel so jammed Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(506 Views)

Ohhh. So you have installed on other computers with these same disks! Unless the disks look like they have been damaged, that means the disks are good. We are looking for a reason why the installation would fail on that particular computer but without any errors.

Was LV ever installed on this computer? I have seen situations where people didn't uninstall LV properly with the result that the LV installer thought that LV was already installed and wouldn't reinstall it. You have mentioned that there is no National Instruments directory in Program Files. When you go to Add/Remove Programs does any NI software show up there? Are there any NI entries in the registery?

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(496 Views)

Hai mikeporter,

Yes I have install the licences LV in others computer without any error. I just want to install the LV in my own computer but fail. When I check in Add/Remove Programs, there is no National Instrument software. Why,why,why?Smiley Surprised I think if I download the LV2012 in NI website, I don't get the toolkits that I need maybe. Did you have any suggestion? Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(482 Views)