LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in XYGraph

Solved!
Go to solution

Here simple example. There is a schedule and simply line (at us it is an operation threshold). The schedule has all points, at the line only the first and the last.

If to display the line continuous, everything is good. If faltering and 1 thick, too it is good.

If to put thickness 2 at a dash line, at some increase in scale the program hangs tightly. In an example I have it happens if less than 80 points across.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,851 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PRoman

This is pretty surprising but indeed you are right... Do you mind if I report this to NI Support myself?

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,838 Views)

Firstly I wrote to NI. I thought there is a technical support. Where it is necessary to write?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,818 Views)

What I do is go to ni.com/ask and start from there, the advantage of doing this is that all support requests are linked to your NI profile, then if you go to your Service Request Manager you can see the status of all your requests and you can even send messages from there to the support engineer (for the requests that are still open of course).

The only issue I've found with this is that there is "geographical segregation" (ok the term might be a bit strong), this means that requests created in/from Americas and requests created in/from Europe are separate things and you can only access ones or the others and you can't change that yourself, you have to ask NI to change that for you ; and I believe that Asia is yet another part.

Which means if you move you're better of creating a new profile 😉

Edit : Oh, and of course an NI support engineer based in Europe cannot access requests created in Americas and vice versa :S

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,814 Views)

Hi PRoman,

thank you for investigating this. I was able to reproduce the hang. This isse is reported to the National Instruments product development department.

As a workaround it is possible to reduce the amount of data wirtten to the graph, e.g. 1000 values instead of 10000. Also, it is possible to settle with line width 1 or with a straight line.

Topper

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,800 Views)

CAR please?

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,792 Views)

Bug appeared in a large program on transition to the labview 2012. I long looked for a mistake as each time of LabView needs to be rebooted. Now the decision seems such simple!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,781 Views)

Yeah I bet it was a nightmare to identify such a detail 😮

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,773 Views)

That means "CAR please?"

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,771 Views)

Sorry, CAR means Correction Action Request or something similar, I was asking Topper if he coould give us the CAR number that he filed for that bug, so that we can then any time nudge NI to see if it has been resolved.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,747 Views)