cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview FPGA Error - Urgent Please

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have been experiencing this problem for a while and it is driving me crazy. When I try to program my Spartan 3E fpga board, I get a message, it compiles successfully. Then I get an error stating that

"Labview called another software component and that componen returned ther following error:

Error Code = -2147483648

Error -2147473648 occurred at nilvcseInitChain.vi

This error is undefined. No one has provided a description for this code or you might have wired a number that is not an error code to the error code input."

Please Help!!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(4,097 Views)
Solution
Accepted by eceone

1.  What version of LV are you running, 8.5 or 8.6?  What operating system are you using?  XP, Vista (32/64-bit?)

2.  Go to Device Manager (right-click My Computer/Hardware tab).  Do you see a category called "Programming Cables" and is the Xilinx board listed under it?

reid

Message 2 of 14
(4,089 Views)

Hey,

Is this just comeing up with your VI or with any VI you compile?

This might be a problem with the board itself. Are you able to test another board or FPGA hardware?

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(4,087 Views)

I'm running labview 8.5. I installed the module on my desktop months ago and it worked perfectly. Then, I installed the module on my laptop and I can't seem to get it to work recently.

I really hope it's not my board because i can't afford to get a new one anytime soon.  I use the board for other verilog programming and it works fine. I even successfully wrote  a xilinx verilog module on my board last week.

I don't know what to do. I need this to work for my senior project.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(4,071 Views)
I have tried various VIs and even some examples provided by NI and still no luck.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(4,069 Views)
Did you check Device Manager and make sure the device shows up under Programming Cables?
Message 6 of 14
(4,067 Views)

I haven't done that yet. I'd do it and let you know if it works.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(4,065 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(4,025 Views)
Thanks, it works fine. Apparently the xilinx usb cable was not properly configured.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(4,022 Views)

Hi,

I am getting the same previously defined error. The xilinx cable is configured properly. the fpga works fine. I don't know what to do. I am using Labview 8.5 with Windows XP. Please help.

I am frustrated already.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,886 Views)