LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview driver for USRP2 crashes when used at 20MHz sampling rate.

Hi,

I am facing a problem with Labview driver for USRP2. At a sampling rate of 20MHz, labview gets crashed and automatically closes without reporting any error. As given in the instructions, I do not use the stop button (red circle on the top), but then too I face this problem.

Kindly guide me to resolve this issue.

Thank You

Pratheep

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,243 Views)

Hi 1Venkat, 

How quickly are you reading your samples back off the buffer?  It is possible that you are not taking your samples off of your machines RAM and this is causing your PC to have to exit Labview to aquire some of those resources back.  So a follow up question would be how much RAM is in your system at the moment?  

Regional Account Manager
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,222 Views)

I just specified the rate as 20MHz and labview crashes when I run it. I m not sure how to relate RAM to this driver.

But I was able to overcome this crashing problem by making a small change in the driver. The driver attempts to buffer every set of 20M samples generated per second. I removed this buffer so that labview stores only one set of 20M samples at a time for processing and after that this set is replaced by the next set of 20M samples.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,216 Views)

I have this problem too, can you tell me how to solve the problem, do you change the driver, can you explain me how?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,164 Views)

Hi, 

Are you receiving a specific Error code when trying to read your data?

Kyle

Regional Account Manager
NI
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,144 Views)

No, it just close. Now I'm using less sample rate, but I'm facing another problem, in my project, I've to switch frequencies as quickly as possible but, I've to introduce some delays because it doesn't work well. like this, I set it to receive at 790Mhz and screen the spectrum, then change to 622Mhz and in the screen still appears the previous signal. I need a way to clean buffer when I change frequencies, and that should be as fast as possible.

regards

@KyleTTU wrote:

Hi, 

Are you receiving a specific Error code when trying to read your data?

Kyle

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,137 Views)

Hi, 

What is your hardware setup that you are using?

Kyle

Regional Account Manager
NI
Message 7 of 11
(3,124 Views)

I'm using a USRP2 with one EFR13ZEXW daughter board.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,116 Views)

I'm glad to hear that the crashing problem has been resolved.  As far as flushing the buffer is concerned, I'm not sure if this device has a function to do a buffer flush.  If it doesn't, you might have to come up with a quick way to check that the frequency's changed before displaying the new graph.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,105 Views)

Hi Kyle,

I have a USRP2 and in the transmitting using matlab simulink, it will loss some samples.

Would you please send me an NI version FPGA image and the Firmeare for WBX daughter board or tell me where to download them? I will work on NI Labview for the project.

Thanks a lot,

Zhonghai

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,068 Views)