cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview time stamps vi and data files incorrectly

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

My LabView (version 2014 service pack 1 on a PC running Windows 10) started today to save my vi files with wrong time stamps. I mean the time stamp you see in e.g. File explorer. The date is correct but the time is off by about 6 hours. At the same time when I reloaded one of my vis I got the error message "LabVIEW: Failed ot load dynamic library because of missing external symbols or dependencies, or because of an invalid file format. The file 'xxx.vi' could not be loaded". This is error 13. I saved another vi (getting the wrong time stamp) and reloaded it successfully. Also if I let a vi generate some data and save it to a data file the data file gets a wrong time stamp. I tried to reboot the computer but it did not help.

Regards, Leif

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,171 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author masteen

Hard to guess without seeing code, but could be an issues with GMT vs. local time zone.

Message 2 of 3
(2,169 Views)

Thanks for your hint. I am storing the Labview files on a network disk and it turned out that the file time stamps are handled by the network disk and not my computer. The network disk had for some reason stopped synchronising its time setting with the internet time server so the time stamps became wrong

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,089 Views)