cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview update history

Solved!
Go to solution

Good morning.

I am doing image acquistions with a Camera Link device. Last week I was able to run the VIs correctly. But today, there is something wrong. The images don't come correctly. I attached an image to this post. On this image you see a red circle on the right, and another gray circle with little rectangles on the left. I am supposed to get only the red circle, and not the gray circle on the left.

Between last week and today, I did not change anything in the VI. It is exactly the same. So my guess is that there must have been a software update that is messing with the acquistion.

I already uninstalled all Windows updates since last week, but the problem is still here.

Is there somewhere I can find a list of updates I made to Labview with the "NI Update Service" in order to undo the last updates?

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Best Regards.

Luc

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,169 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LucG

Luc,

the "grey circle" looks more like some mirrowing during the acquisition of the image.

Are you sure that the physical setup of the camera/lighting is still valid? Is there maybe some reflective material around?

What about dirt on the lense?

Also note that the image you attached is something which is already altered by vision functions. Is the mismatch already in the acquired image (as i suggest with my previous questions) or is it a result of the analysis functions?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,160 Views)

As it turns out, it is indeed a problem of optical alignment. I took the Camera out of the bench and did some other experiments. I did not get any artefact. So it does come from optical alignment on this bench. Maybe something was not screwed hard enough on the table... Whatever! I'll check the bench.

Thanks Norbert.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,143 Views)