LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create a HMI page to control moving object

Hello

Good day

I want create a Pc based HMI page to control the moving object (robot). I dont have knowledge in HMI. Plz help me with some ideas.

My application conditions: 

In HMI page -  to show input distance(X), start values (W- weights) which gives output(Q(X)) in two condition

Q< 0 - move forward

Q< 0  - stop (or move backward)

And also feedback is given to input which give new start vaues (weights) and output runs contuinously.

Equation in matrix form : X^T = (distance  1 ) , W^T = (W1 W0)

output Q(X^T) = X.W^T = Distance. W1 + W0 

Plz plz help me.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,322 Views)

Hi chittu11,

I don't understand the intent of your question, can you please be more specific?

Is the problem that you do not know how to build a HMI (human-machine interface) in LabVIEW or how to implement your algrithm into code?

Or am I totally missing the point of your question?

Best Regards,

JoLe

National Instruments

Applications Engineering

www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,286 Views)

Hello

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry, i am not good in LabVIEW. I dint find any user manual, tutorial or proper example for PC based HMI page to contol moving electro-mechanical machine (robot).

yes both are my problem - how to build a HMI (human-machine interface) in LabVIEW and how to implement my algorithm into code?

Plz Plz help me 

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,274 Views)

Hi chittu,

Developping code with LabVIEW always takes place in two separate windows, the block diagram and the frontpanel.
In the block diagram you will do all programming operations like implementing your equation in program code.
In the frontpanel you have the possibility to pre-give and adjust the input parameters for your equation, e.g. X, W.

You can also display any values from the block diagram, e.g. Q(X), in a graph. So that is your HMI.

Being able to send commands to your robot and communicate with it, you will need a hardware driver.

In LabVIEW, you can use VISA to implement nearly every Hardware-driver available.

The conclusion is, that LabVIEW is the perfect tool for your intent. But even if programming with LabVIEW is intuitive and effective, it is not trivial.

So I strongly recommend you to learn LabVIEW in a professional way. In my opinion the best way to do that is to visit LabVIEW courses,

where professional teachers will give you the needed knowledge and the skills to realize your project.

The following links give you an overview of the courses, the possibilities to learn LabVIEW and some getting started hints.

How to Learn NI LabVIEW

http://www.ni.com/academic/labview_training/

Introduction to NI LabVIEW

http://www.ni.com/gettingstarted/labviewbasics/

Getting started with LabVIEW

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/373427c.pdf

Best Regards,

JoLe

National Instruments

Applications Engineering

www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,247 Views)

Hello,

Thanks for ur reply and for the links. i will learn LabVIEW more to improve my skills.

I found this tutorial - Creating HMI pages for LabVIEW Touch panel module and related libraries.

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/6119/en/

Can i follow this tutorial for my project ?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,243 Views)

Hi chittu,

that depends on your hardware. If you are using a touch panel, then it makes sense to use the LabVIEW touch panel module to implement the touch panel and therefore you can refer to this tutorial.

If you are not using such, I would disadvice you to follow this tutorial because you are working with another user interface, e.g. mouse, keyboard and monitor of your PC.

Best Regards,

JoLe

National Instruments

Applications Engineering

www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,239 Views)

Hello,

Thanks for ur reply.

ok. Can I use Statechart module for feeback control in my algorithm ? and i have attached the function model of my application. Please have a look.

Can you suggest me tutorial or example for PC based HMI page to control robot ?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,234 Views)