cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local Variables Fun

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

Assuming more then one local for each variabe, how can I Locate local variabels in my VI?

I mean in the "sense" of "Find Terminal" just by a specific local.

Tnx 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,472 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author NivShapira

Right-click on your terminal.  Find->Local Variables.  The search dialog should show up so you can go through them all (assuming there is more than 1).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 11
(3,470 Views)

@NivShapira wrote:

Hello,

Assuming more then one local for each variabe, how can I Locate local variabels in my VI?

I mean in the "sense" of "Find Terminal" just by a specific local.

Tnx 

OK, you asked for it.....(I hope you are "refactoring" somebody elses code...... if not what Block Diagram is so large that you cannot easilly find local variables?!  I can smell code stench from here!)

From the FP press Crtl+A then Delete.

Press the broken run arrow.... all the unlinked locals will be in the list of errors.

Ctrl +Z will return you to your previous bad code.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 3 of 11
(3,458 Views)

Jeff·Þ·Bohrer wrote:

OK, you asked for it.....(I hope you are "refactoring" somebody elses code...... if not what Block Diagram is so large that you cannot easilly find local variables?!  I can smell code stench from here!)

I knew somebody was going to go there.  I should have known it was going to be Jeff.  I was feeling nice or I would have made a similar comment.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,452 Views)

Tnx, you where both helpfull.

Hope to have less smelly code next time Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,446 Views)

@NivShapira wrote:

Tnx, you where both helpfull.

Hope to have less smelly code next time Smiley Happy 

Really, it was in a century long past but, you should have seen my first vi's BD!  We all get better with experience

Spoiler
I hate to say it but, I ACTUALLY DID tell my boss "If you want me to use LabVIEW, I'll need a bigger monitor"Smiley Embarassed

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,441 Views)

Jeff,

Did you get the bigger monitor?

When LV first introduced color (LV2 or 3), I opted for a larger black and white monitor over a smaller color monitor.  I think I had a "page display" size.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,407 Views)

johnsold wrote:

Hmmmm 😄

Message 8 of 11
(3,399 Views)

@johnsold wrote:

Jeff,

Lynn

Of Course I did!  Me and the guy over the cube wall both got great big CRTs so we could work efficiently.  Would you believe that "guy over the cube wall" has also joined an elite group I belong to?

LabVIEW programmers can learn---eventually

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,389 Views)

Jeff·Þ·Bohrer wrote:Of Course I did!  Me and the guy over the cube wall both got great big CRTs so we could work efficiently.  Would you believe that "guy over the cube wall" has also joined an elite group I belong to?

No, you never mentioned Mark.

Spoiler
I was about to to you crap about CLD not being that elite of a group, but I decided to stop myself

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,384 Views)