LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logic Gates & Sequential Logic

Hi I am a new user and I wonder if Labview comes with readily available (drag and drop) sequential gates e.g. D latch flip flops, SR flip flops, etc. I want to simulate/test logic functions. Please help. 

Regards,

NK Rajoo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(3,586 Views)

Hi Rajoo,

as LabVIEW is NOT an electronics simulator you don't find ready-to-use FFs.

But:

As it's a programming language you can use simple boolean arithmetic to build your own FF VIs.

A simple SR-FF is just Q[n]=(Q[n-1] OR S) AND NOT(R)...

check.png

Truth tables for other FF types are explained in Wikipedia!

When you don't like to work with boolean math you could even rebuild standard gate FFs like this:

check.png

It's the NOR-type SR-FF like shown in Wikipedia...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 19
(3,574 Views)

Thanks GerdW.

I beleive there must someone who has done it already for their own work, and hope they can share. 

Regards,

NK Rajoo

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(3,558 Views)

Hi Rajoo,

I beleive there must someone who has done it already for their own work, and hope they can share.

I believe wiring those 4 gates of a FF will be a good source of learning how to wire programs in LabVIEW. It will be much quicker than to wait for someone else to hand over such simple VIs...

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 4 of 19
(3,525 Views)

Fair enough GerW.

I only knew labview last week and slowly learning. Is there a feature in labview where you can zoom in and out to make the view bigger or smaller? I find it the icons are too small and find the connection points for wiring is difficult. 

Cheers,

NKR

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(3,471 Views)

Hi NKR,

nope, there is no zoom feature. I don't miss it, even on a FullHD display.

You will find several discussions on that very topic here in the forum and also in the Idea Exchange...

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(3,467 Views)

@nkrajoo wrote:

Fair enough GerW.

I only knew labview last week and slowly learning. Is there a feature in labview where you can zoom in and out to make the view bigger or smaller? I find it the icons are too small and find the connection points for wiring is difficult. 

Cheers,

NKR

For making the icons and connection panes bigger you can decrease your screen resolution. Smiley Wink

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(3,461 Views)

@nkrajoo wrote:

....Is there a feature in labview where you can zoom in and out to make the view bigger or smaller? I find it the icons are too small and find the connection points for wiring is difficult. 

Cheers,

NKR

"ZoomIt is a screen zoom and annotation tool for technical presentations that include application demonstrations. ZoomIt runs unobtrusively in the tray and activates with customizable hotkeys to zoom in on an area of the screen, move around while zoomed, and draw on the zoomed image. I wrote ZoomIt to fit my specific needs and use it in all my presentations.ZoomIt works on all versions of Windows and you can use pen input for ZoomIt drawing on tablet PCs."

By Mark Russinovich

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(3,437 Views)

@apok wrote:

@nkrajoo wrote:

....Is there a feature in labview where you can zoom in and out to make the view bigger or smaller? I find it the icons are too small and find the connection points for wiring is difficult. 

Cheers,

NKR

"ZoomIt is a screen zoom and annotation tool for technical presentations that include application demonstrations. ZoomIt runs unobtrusively in the tray and activates with customizable hotkeys to zoom in on an area of the screen, move around while zoomed, and draw on the zoomed image. I wrote ZoomIt to fit my specific needs and use it in all my presentations.ZoomIt works on all versions of Windows and you can use pen input for ZoomIt drawing on tablet PCs."

You have used it when you do your coding in LabVIEW? Your link seems to be broken but anyhow I am comfortable without zooming 🙂

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(3,427 Views)

P@Anand wrote:
You have used it when you do your coding in LabVIEW? Your link seems to be broken but anyhow I am comfortable without zooming 🙂

no i dont...it was used a presentation tool during my LV CORE 3 class. its a helpful tool to use, especially if you cant see those coercion dots?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(3,422 Views)