LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making an executable with DAQmx

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to make a .exe of a simple data logger with DAQ input.  I can make the .exe and it opens fine with the RunTime engine but the DAQmx functions not work.  I followed the instructions to build an installer but I get an error regarding Hardware configuration.  The error measage is "Some installers you selected for this build are not available on this computer".  It is looking for Labview Platform DVD1 and National Instruments Device Drivers.  I do not have access to the installation DVDs (we have a site license and can only download software).  I downloaded the Device Drivers and placed it locally on my computer.  I try to navigate/browes to it and point to the folder but then I get the message "This location does not contain a valid installer".  I'm kinda stuck.   Any advice on what I should be doing?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,112 Views)
What you downloaded is an image file, yes? ISO or bin extension? Either you burn them on DVDs, or you use a virtual drive software, like daemon tools, etc...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,099 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rabdeb1

If you have a icense you have intallation media. Period!  You might not know where it is thoughSmiley Sad

By "Site License" I assume you mean a Volume License Agreement; but I'll work through all cases 

1. Open the NI License Manager to determine What type of License you have and the serial number of your product.
    1. If its a VLA Contact the VLA Admin for the media. If you do not know the VLA Administrator Call NI, they will look it up for you by Serial Number and Company Name
    2. If it is a Named User Go to MyNI and Register the product: Then open a Support Ticket on your active SSP to request new media. OR
    3. Alternate Named User. Call your local NI Field office and request media- (they know where they keep it for just this type of thing!) 
    4. If it is a Computer based license find out who at the company the media shipped too!  Again, Calling NI Customer Service with the serial number will cut through a lot of red tape! 
  2. Finally, under any circumstance, talk to your local NI Field rep to discuss best practices for YOUR TEAM on maintaing and distributing those keys and media.  You should not need to "download only" products from NI!  (Its convienient at times but not very sustainable!)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 3 of 4
(3,086 Views)

An alternative solution is to make the installation "clean", with the program only, or possibly with LV runtime only. Then install DAQmx drivers separatly on the target machine.

At this client that's what i generally do, i've created a Runtime installer, which includes LV, DaqMx and VISA, and all program installers are program only.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,026 Views)