cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matlab MCR DLL cannot be used from LabVIEW

Solved!
Go to solution

Background information:

We would like call a Matlab compiled DLL, which relies on the Matlab Compiler Runtime (MCR), from LabVIEW. We also want to use the LabVIEW Vision software for collecting data. A NI frame grabber card is installed, and a camera is connected to the card. We were using a trial version of LabVIEW to see if this problem can be solved. We tried both LabVIEW versions 8.6 and 2010.

The Problem:

The LabVIEW installer places DLLs into the system32 folder. The names for some of these DLLs are pretty generic. The LabVIEW vision software includes tbb.dll in the System32 folder. The Matlab Compiler Runtime also includes a tbb.dll, not in system32, but in it's own application directory. So LabVIEW's DLL overrides everyone else's, which is kind of rude, but never mind that right now. The more serious problem is when I try to use Matlab in the same process as LabVIEW Vision. It is not possible to do this, because the DLL names conflict with each other, and I have no control over either Matlab or LabVIEW source code to allow these to be loaded with the full path name.

Because of this we can't use the LabVIEW software to solve our specific application.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,582 Views)
Solution
Accepted by MarcusBones

Hi marcus,

R&D is aware of this issue and it has already been documented as part of Corrective Action Request #245249. You can watch the release notes of future versions of LabVIEW to see when it is fixed.

Joe Daily
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

may the G be with you ....
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,550 Views)

Has someone checked,  if these name conflicts have been solved in  LV2011?

I'm stuck with this LV-version and want to utilise Matlab-Build DLL.

Stefan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,635 Views)