LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft sharepoint

Hello,

I am interested in communicating with MS Sharepoint Portal via Labview. Essentially, I want to dump data from Labview to Sharepoint Column. Can anyone help me.

HUz

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(7,640 Views)

HUz,

I don't know much about Microsoft's SharePoint.  But I just took a quick scan through the Wikipedia article and picked out the following line:

"The SharePoint user interface is a web interface accessed through a browser."

This would make me think that you could use web services to communicate between the two, but I have not looked into it closely.

What methods have you seen used to communicate with SharedPoint Portal?  Most of the methods available in other languages will be available in LabVIEW as well.

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(7,596 Views)

This is an old post although I'm facing the same challenge. Did anyone made any progress on this topic?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(7,224 Views)

Some things in the original question don't make sense.  I don't know what they mean by "sharepoint column".

I tell you things that I have done.  I have used LabVIEW to put data into sharepoint directories.  The secret was finding out the explorer path to the sharepoint locations rather than the browser path.  I don't remember how I decoded the secret.

But for my situation (and I'll make some uf the paths "generic"), it was  \\SharepointPortalServerName.MyCompany.org\sites\ppm\npd\projectdirectory\..\ and so on down the directory tree.  I used LabVIEW's file copy functions to copy the file from my hard drive to the network path.  That should work as long as you have rights to save into that sharepoint directory.

Message 4 of 12
(7,215 Views)

RavensFan,

actually I've saved the files the same way you did, and I don't know either how I figured it out.

When we talk about "sharepoint column" we are talking about the sharepoint metadata, please see the image below. This is not the doc metadata, the properties are inserted through sharepoint. I've searched a lot in the web and the last I found out, is that unfortunately you can only do this things in the sharepoint server.

sharepoint columns.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(7,185 Views)

Oh it can be done, but it is not pretty.  Sharepoint is just a web page.  So read in the webpage into LabVIEW as HTML source text.  Then you can parse the text looking for.  The problem is parsing HTML raw text, made by a java script function, can be quite difficult and ugly.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(7,161 Views)

Thanks, Hooovahh!

can be done, although I'm reading something about uploading files through PowerShell, https://www.nothingbutsharepoint.com/sites/itpro/pages/using-powershell-to-upload-documents-in-share.... So I'm planing to call a PowerShell script from Labview to set the metadata, I believe it would be simpler than parsing a HTML code.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(7,149 Views)

It has been a while since you posted this. I am trying to do the same and I don't know much about Sharepoint, HTML or JS. Could you please give me some clue in how to search data in sharepoint using Labview or TestStand and then write some values.

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(6,470 Views)

Hi, johncuitiva,

We've abandoned the idea of using the metadata because apparently it would be needed to use many licenses of a SharePoint dll than I can't recall. The project took a different direction, towards a SQL server with a Web Client.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(6,466 Views)

Hi FBro,

Thanks for your reply. I agree using sharepoint is too complicated when you can use SQLexpress for free. However, I need to implement this connection.

Regards,

Jhon

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(6,455 Views)